Michaela has extensive experience in corporate transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and complex reorganizations. She regularly advises major groups of companies on complex shareholders’ agreements, trust deeds and issues relating to shareholder disputes, directors’ duties and corporate governance matters.
Michaela’s sector expertise is broad and she advises major local clients in the shipping, insurance and banking sectors on a regular basis.
Michaela has significant experience in financing, representing international credit institutions and large conglomerates in high value international financing transactions involving Cyprus companies. She assists clients on multimillion-euro debt restructurings, which include loan and relevant security restructurings, restructuring of companies as well as settlement plans with creditors approved by the relevant authorities.
Moreover, she has expertise in derivative transactions, such as providing regular advice to international banks on ISDA documentation.
Recent illustrative experience:
- Advising on a merger that led to the creation of one of the world’s largest ship management companies.
- Advising on a debt restructuring of over one billion euro in value of a leading group in its sector in Europe.
- Advising the successful bidder for the container terminal operation of the Limassol Port in the process of the commercialisation of the Limassol Port.
- Advisinga leading Russian AIM-listed international property developer on a bondholder restructuring plan.
- Advising on the acquisition of a Cyprus insurance company currently in runoff and its current contemplated cross-border merger in another jurisdiction.
- Advising a major international insurance company in the transfer of its insurance portfolio from a branch to a Cyprus registered and regulated insurance company.
- Advising a bidder on the potential acquisition of a major Cyprus bank.
- Advising a potential bidder on the acquisition of a portfolio of Non- Performing Exposures of a major Cyprus bank.